Friday, January 27, 2012

24/12/2011

This is the end of a really sad story. But don't feel bad for me. I started out alone and in the end that's where I'll be.

Really, this is just me having a pity party for myself. I don't evven know why. Actually, I do. It's because everyone is in the other room skyping with the missing sister who is over with her husband and two kids in Nepal. I think I spelled that wrong. Anyway, really what i'm saying is that I just really miss my family really bad (see how many times I managed to fit "really" into that sentence?). I don't even think it would be so much of aan issue if I hadn't agreed to come out to this farm with Sarah and has family. Everywhere I turn, I get reminders of Grandma's farm, which is where I should be this time of year to celebrate the holidays. Nobody bakes cookies here, or any hot food at all, actually. It's all salads and biscotti and fruit. Like, what kind of Christmas is that?

I shouldn't be complaining at all. Sarah's family is really very lovely and they've all been so welcoming to me. I'm really grateful to be here, but at the same time I almost regret it. If I hadn't agreed to come to the farm for a few days then I would have been able to pass the holidays without really noticing. I could have shoved in the back of my mind, opened my little present, eaten some Mexican, and then gone about my regular routine none the wiser.

Gosh, I just want to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment