Friday, January 27, 2012

15/1/12

I'm ready to go home. Not back to Australia. I mean HOME. The part that sucks is that I really don't want to go back to Colorado. One afternoon of particularly cold weather and I'm dreading the thought of cold winters and digging cars put from under snow... all of it. I want to go to Arizona so badly. Just 2 years. That's all I'll need. And the best part of that is that by that time, Mandy will have graduated and I won't have to feel bad about leaving her to fend for herself at CSU again.

I don't think Many realizes just how big of a part she played into my decision to go to CSU instead of ASU. I mean, obviously ASU didn't end up working out anyway because of the tuition, but I had pretty much decided on Colorado even before I got the final verdict on the WUE.

Back to Mandy having graduated though, it's so weird to think that all the people I graduated high school with will be done with their degree approx. 2 years before me. I mean, it just doesn't feel like I'v missed that much. When I get to school and people ask me what year I am, do I tell them that I'm still technically a freshman? And then do I continue to explain that no, I'm not a newbie, just that I took a gap year?

So much explaining... I don't think I'm up to it. I think I would prefer that everyone just think I'm a freshman.

No comments:

Post a Comment